Offshore wind energy
More than 3,000 MW of offshore expertise
Offshore wind energy is a strategically important component in the German government’s energy and climate policy. In addition to Germany and the UK as the leading countries in this sector, numerous other countries such as Denmark, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Japan and China are also looking to considerably expand their offshore capabilities.
Thanks to our repeatedly proven industry expertise in the renewable energy and maritime sectors, we have been entrusted with the risk and insurance management of more than 3,000 MW of offshore wind energy throughout Europe.
Our clients include operators, major international offshore wind turbine manufacturers, renowned project developers, international investors, submarine cable producers, globally active installation companies as well as diverse transportation and logistics companies. They all trust our experienced team of insurance specialists, lawyers, captains and engineers.
NW Assekuranz services include:
- Actuarial review of sales and service contracts as well as participation in procurement/contract negotiations on the issues of liability, risk, warranty, insurance obligations (clauses) and country risks
- Identifying, analysing and checking the insurability of risks arising from contractual commitments with recommendations and suggested formulations regarding the drafting of insurance clauses in national and international supply and service contracts
- Activerisk and insurance management – from the project preparation/construction to the operation
- Conceptual design of internationalproject insurancecoverage that satisfies all parties, in particulartaking into account contractual supply agreements and the requirements of investors and international banking consortia
- Transparent tendering and placement of insurance concepts/policies on international insurance markets; ongoing support and adjustment of insurance coverage to changing market conditions(e.g. § 17e of the German Energy Industry Act (EnWG))
- Competent assistance and rapid settlement of claims,including the necessary reports for investors/financing banks
- Insurance consultation: insurance due diligence for banks and investors
- Technical risk assessment and monitoring
- Special individual insurance coverage concepts (for example for serial losses, reinsurance of maintenance/service packages, weather risks)
The realisation of major projects of this kind depends largely on the size and quality of the insurance coverage. Complex risk situations, multi-contracting, negotiations convened at short notice with international partners and negotiating optimal insurance solutions for the global insurance and reinsurance markets are our daily business. Our experts, who enjoy market-wide recognition, will devote themselves with passion to your challenges regarding these large-scale power plants.
We also develop tailor-made solutions for insuring against weather risks on behalf of offshore wind farm operators and offshore contractors. Here we already advise our clients during the initial project planning phase and analyse, structure and conceive insurance coverage programmes aligned with specific needs – for example for the construction process, ship availability and weather windows for installation cycles.
Use our expertise that is recognised throughout the market.
Do you have any questions, or would you like to receive an individual offer?
Please get in direct contact with us by phone: +49 (0)421 989607-0. Instead you can also leave a message here and we will call you back promptly.